It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Convert artifact attribute from a multiple value type to a single value

Pablo Garijo (11) | asked Nov 10 '22, 7:47 a.m.

Good morning,

I was changing the configuration for one component in DNG and I missclicked and changed the Status attribute from "One value" to "Multiple value". Now I cannot go back and change it again

The artifact attribute cannot be converted to a single value.
hide details
ID CRRRW7369E  The artifact attribute cannot be converted from a multiple value type to a single value type because there are artifacts that have multiple values set for this attribute. Edit the artifacts so that each artifact selects no more than one value for this attribute.

This is the error I am getting, but there are no artifacts with multiple status.
Anyone knows what can I do?
Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Nov 10 '22, 10:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 10 '22, 10:18 a.m.

If you have not created values of that custom property on requirements, you could archive the old artifact attribute and create a new one that has the cardinality that you would like.

Comments
Pablo Garijo commented Nov 10 '22, 10:24 a.m.

Thank you for your answer. The thing is that I had already introduced the status for all my requirements, but they currently have only ONE status, not many of them (as the error message says) 

David Honey commented Nov 10 '22, 10:26 a.m.

I suspect the real answer is that what you want to do is curerntly not supported. But I'm willing to be contradicted by someone on the DOORS Next dev team. :-)

permanent link
Silvio Ronchi (131) | answered Nov 14 '22, 5:59 a.m.

Hello Pablo,

i usually follow the procedure below to fix the problem:
  1. Create a view with all articats having that attribute set. Filter on artifact type
  2. Remove the columns Name, Modified On and Modified By. Add a column with the Status attribute. Leave the coluns ID and Artifact Type, as they'll be required later
  3. Save this configuration to a view
  4. Export the newly created view to an excel file
  5. Remove the Status Attribute from the Artifact Type, that use it and save.
  6. Delete the attribute Status and recreate it.
  7. Add the attribute to the Artifact Type, that use it and save.
  8. Import the excel file you exported.
Now you have the Status attribute configured as single value and the values of the attribute on artifacts restored to their previous value.
I hope this helps
Regards

Comments
David Honey commented Nov 14 '22, 6:34 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '22, 11:59 a.m.

Be aware that this will create a new artifact attribute and new verion(s) of the updated requirements. The old versions of requirements in other configurations such as baselines, will still refer to the old artifact attribute.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.