It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to stop email triggering (permanently) when importing data e.g. make the system think its already sent them.

Karen Steele (1.2k2135140) | asked Jun 07 '22, 7:30 a.m.
we have to import data from one system to another, in doing so, as email is enabled, it bombards the user with new triggers.

Is there a way to make RTC think that its sent all the emails already so it doesn't re-trigger

I have tried turning off email temporarily during import, but as soon as you turn it back on the emails trigger out again.
with a small user base I could have merely change the email address so I get everything, but with 1500 users that's obviously not an option

Looking for suggestions

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jun 07 '22, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Perhaps configure the mail server to one that doesn't exist while doing the import?

Comments
Karen Steele commented Jun 07 '22, 8:24 a.m.

regrettably not an option - but thanks for the response

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 07 '22, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found the following: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/237111/temporarily-disabling-email-notifications-including-those-that-are-queued .

The work item command line I built allows to use the "SkipMail" SaveParameter as explained in my additional answer to the question.

Comments
Karen Steele commented Jun 07 '22, 8:25 a.m.

so this looks like I disable email - then set up the events schedule - restart and then do everything I need to do - leave it for a "while" and then turn email back on and hope for the best ;0)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.