It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deactive ibm code review tool in EWM System

vinitha dsouza (14719119) | asked Dec 16 '22, 3:24 a.m.
Hello Team,

we have used code review tool and it was great.
now we have new review tool (in house developed) in place . we are now looking at the options how to restrict in the tool that users not allowed to submit code review any more.

having said that by keeping the existing ones still accessible.

do you have any idea how to achieve this? whether we have any permission related to this?
what i found is removing the section from presentation but not better one, this would make all the existing reviews not visible in the UI.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Dec 16 '22, 5:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I suggest you look at https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.2?topic=tool-configuring-your-project-area-code-review. Presumably you just perform the reverse steps to deactivate it.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 04 '23, 10:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately there is no official way to deactivate using the Code Review tool, while at the same time showing the Code Review presentation to allow the normal workflow of opening up the Code Review tool.

However there is still a workaround that might work reasonably well.
As you and David Honey pointed out, you can remove the Code Review presentation part from the work item. This Code Review presentation part contains the UI for both creating (initially submitting) the code review, as well as the hyperlink for navigating to the Code Review tool itself once one exists. However I believe we added a link from the work item to the code review itself. Thus even with the code review presentation removed, if you navigate to the Links tab in the Work Item editor, you should still see a link to the code review object (if one had been created in the past), allowing you to easily navigate to it in the web-ui. If you decide to go with this approach, then you just need to educate your users that you removed the presentation, but the Links tab can allow access to old code reviews. I have not tried this, but I believe once in the Code Review web-ui, you can still do everything as normal, even though the presentation was removed from the work item (but you can try this out and let us know if there's any difficulties with this approach).

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented May 08 '23, 12:58 a.m.

thanks for the hint. let me check

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.