It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Stream conflicts Need help in RM

Marcus Whitehead (134) | asked May 03 '22, 4:27 p.m.

I have multiple streams composed as the following.

* Main Stream 
      - Contributing Stream 1
      - Contributing Stream 2

I make a ChangeSet in contributing Stream 1 within an attribute, (lets just say primary text)  and say This requirement Shall.....- and deliver it.
I make a ChangeSet in contributing Stream 2 within the same attribute and add a new line to the shall statement ....blah blah blah......and deliver it to stream

I then deliver Contributing Stream 1 to the Main Stream - with no problem
Once I deliver Contributing Stream 2, I get conflicts within the artifact showing the conflict within the attribute.

how do i get the data to merge both This requirement Shall and new line blah blah blah, instead of having to choose one or the other. 

I have a work around for primary text when this occurs but i do not for other attributes.  As dealing with requirements some RFC's change the same attributes but we have them in different Streams for different RFC's

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 04 '22, 2:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From my perspective, you are deliberately creating a conflict and to solve that you have to merge.

Comments
Marcus Whitehead commented May 04 '22, 8:47 a.m. | edited May 04 '22, 9:24 a.m.

Ralph, when I merge it's not merging the data at all, its only keeping data from either the contributing stream 1 or 2 even after clicking merge data.  Any other suggestions?

Ralph Schoon commented May 04 '22, 9:26 a.m.

I did it a bit different and merged Stream 2 to Stream 1. I don't think it makes a difference. Anyway, I was able to go through the conflicts and I was able to select to pick the source, the destination and MANUAL Merge, which allowed me to edit what the result should be.

This is close to how merging works in all the tools I know.

Marcus Whitehead commented May 04 '22, 9:52 a.m.

Yes, that is my work around for the primary text attribute, however, that is the only attribute that allows my to do that, no other attribute will allow you do manually do it.  It only gives me the option to deliver change or not deliver change on the other attribute that has conflicts and the merge button doesnt actually merge the data.  If you can test another attribute and see if you are still able to do it will help a lot. If you are able to then maybe its something with permissions. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 04 '22, 10:07 a.m. | edited May 04 '22, 10:09 a.m.
I have seen the same wile testing. I could change the primary text attribute, but it was not so easy with the others. In these cases I was ab le to select if I wanted to keep the source or the target.

Marcus Whitehead commented May 04 '22, 2:20 p.m.

Ralph, 

Thank you assisting.  We will have to find a different way to handle it.  If I figure it out in a different attribute I'll post it here 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.