It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is there a document that outlines the database schema for CLM

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Apr 13 '22, 8:36 a.m.

as we can't upgrade our existing system (502) we are looking for documentation that gives the actual schema for 502 and also for 6061 - does such and item exist ... or at the very least a document that outlines the differences. 

We see from an upgrade perspective there appears to be a repotools-x -addTables command that always needs to be runs so it would be nice to know what is actually added during that routine.  

any help greatly appreciated

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Apr 13 '22, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In general, IBM does not publish the schema for ELM applications. They are considered implementation private, and subject to change without notice.

When repotools -addTables runs, it creates any new tables and columns required as part of EMF model evolution. I believe it logs what model changes it processes. Look in the log file created during upgrade.

Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Apr 13 '22, 9:02 a.m.

Thanks for confirming I suspected this may be the case as I couldn't find anything.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 13 '22, 10:38 a.m.

Karen, you also want to understand that the database tables are are generated to be able to store EMF data at least for a big part. The database tables are not designed to be consumed by human users as far as I was told.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 13 '22, 10:39 a.m.

Plus, why can't you upgrade your system? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.