It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

performing an Export / Import TAR to CCM has rendered CCM inaccessible

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Apr 04 '22, 9:19 a.m.
I was experimenting with using an export / import TAR file to re-populate a system.  Whilst that appeared to work, after restarting CCM, I can no longer get to the application as its now reporting that a service that it depends on failed to be activated

com.ibm.team.process.internal.server.web.processwebuiservice failed to activate because a service that it depends on com.ibm.team.process.IProcessServerService failed to be activated.

Looking at jts/setup - CCM still exists and is configured but cannot get past this error. 

Any ideas what might have caused this or how to resolve ?

CLM 6.0.6.1 ifix23 running Oracle db 19c

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 04 '22, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If mean you created a TAR export from the server database at some point and have imported the TAR over an existing database, I would assume that the import did not work or has some kind of issues with the import and the server properties.

I would suggest to 

1. Look into the log files for the application(s) you are interested in and analyze the issues cropping up at server and application launch.
2. Consider to open a case with support.
3. If the TAR file is a backup strategy, I would suggest to look into and follow follow https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=servers-backing-up-restoring-applications or https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM . Backup the various files, folders and the databases. This is faster as well.

The export of the database as a TAR file is 

Comments
Karen Steele commented Apr 05 '22, 12:48 p.m.
unfortunately no this is not a backup we have a 502 system that cannot be ugraded for various reasons, and we were kinda hoping that if we did an export tar, we could use this to populate a new 6061 version on a completely different envionment.

My test was actually a 6061 to 6061 in the same hosting space and it failed miserably even after re-registering CCM

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 05 '22, 3:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am a ware, the TAR option was never supposed to support export in one version and an import of another version. If that is what you did, I would not be surprised that the servers failed. As far as I can tell (check with the documentation) you can only create a new 5.0.2 system and then upgrade that. to the next higher versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.