It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to see the models in am web

Gagan Kumar (53280) | asked Feb 16 '22, 1:53 p.m.
edited Feb 22 '22, 9:42 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi Team

I simply push the models in am from RTC client but when I try to open that model in am web , that don't open,but I can open it through Rhapsody client

So my question is how I see the models in am web, do I need any configuration required or am I doing something wrong.
CLM version : 6.0.6.1
Please Support

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 22 '22, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 22 '22, 9:44 a.m.

Here's a rough summary of the steps required to have Rhapsody models appear in the RMM web-ui.

-Install RMM:
-Ensure your Project Area is 'AM' enabled.
   https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=installing-enabling-architecture-management

-Double check in the Project Area that the 'Trigger architecture management indexing' follow-up action is enabled for the Deliver operation.
Note: If any role has been customized to add some deliver based preconditions, ensure this 'am indexing' follow-up action is also enabled. If this is OFF, then RMM will not be updated in the web-ui when delivering change sets with model modifications.

-Note: Most users use the Rhapsody client itself to request the check-in and delivery of model changes (although not strictly necessary). It doesn't matter if the deliver happens through the Rhapsody client, or manually from in the EWM Eclipse client. As long as the 'am indexing' Deliver follow-up action is configured everything should work.

-Note: The process area that is used initially for process behavior look-up is the stream owner, which could be a team area or a project area. If it's a Team Area, check if the Team Area has process configured, which may be overriding the process defined in the parent project area (note: process can also be configured for specific iterations, or iteration types), I would double check to make sure that anywhere the 'Deliver (server)' operation is configured (ex: has a precondition set), to make sure the 'am indexing' follow-up action is also set.
Process lookup can be complex (depending on how your organization decides o do things). The following is a summary of process behavior lookup: https://jazz.net/library/article/292

-Also, in the RMM web-ui, you have the ability to select a global configuration, or a local configuration (stream) from the UI at the top right. The list of models that show up (and their version) will vary depending on this selection.
Ex: If you are selecting the wrong gc / stream (ex: one that has no models delivered to it), you won't see any models in the RMM explorer view.

-If you figure out the answer to your specific issue, please respond here to help future readers of this particular forum question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.