It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creation of TCER and Test Case Result from the Config file of Excel Importer to RQM

Chandan M B (1134184) | asked Oct 15 '21, 5:29 a.m.

Hello,

First time all test cases are migrated to the RQM using Excel Importer.
 Whenever there is a change in the test case, i have to do an update on the test case and also create TCER and Test   Case result with status passed or failed.
 I am using test case id as XLSArtifactID. 

Question is :
 In the second time import, I don't have summary or description of Test Case to create TCER. Could somebody explain if i can fetch the data from Test Case and put the same information for TCER and Test Case Result during update ?

Regards,
Chandan

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 15 '21, 11:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Why are you creating a new TCER whenever you update the test case?   You should be able to use the same TCER on the updated test case. 

Chandan M B commented Oct 15 '21, 11:17 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '21, 11:18 a.m.
Hello Geoff

First time import of test case is just a draft migration No TCER will be created at that time. Second migration will actually contains test result. To create Test Case Result we need to have TCER linked to test case and test case result will be linked to TCER.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Nov 04 '21, 7:54 p.m.
Hi, Chandan

If you have those info in your first time import when creating Test case, you can reuse them.
Otherwise, it is not an easy task, using RQMURLUtility or other REST Client to GET each test case source XML is a tedious work, rather you may want to simply copy those info from TestCase into Excel file for your 2nd time import.

Comments
Chandan M B commented Nov 05 '21, 3:07 a.m.

Yes. But I am thinking is there any simpler way to achieve this to have same title as test case for TCER to create

Don Yang commented Nov 05 '21, 3:25 a.m.

Unfortunately I don't think there is an option to achieve that without specifying the title of TCER and TestCase result.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.