It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Authentication configuration types for custom adapter

anuraag kb (917) | asked Aug 06 '20, 2:27 a.m.

Can you let me know if there are authentication types in addition to Username,Password / Kerberos / SSLCert/ SmartCard for custom adapter connectivity to the ETM server...?

Also, is token based authentication available?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 07 '20, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The general mechanism is explained here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/NativeClientAuthentication

Comments
anuraag kb commented Aug 07 '20, 8:43 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for the link. Does the ETM tool allow a user to generate a token from UI that can be used for authorization instead of username/password..?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '20, 8:51 a.m.

The answer above is all I know. I assume you could use OAUTH in such a way, but I am not an expert. 

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '20, 8:57 a.m.

I think regardless what you do, you end up with some kind of password like information you have to store if the automation is supposed to run against the server. I would suggest to use an encryption mechanism to encrypt the password saved on disk. Even with a password file, if you have an app that can read and decrypt that, you have an issue. 

anuraag kb commented Aug 07 '20, 12:18 p.m.

Okay. On the OAuth side, we are aware how to generate the consumer key and set the consumer password. This constitutes OAuth 1.0. 

As Jazz supports OAuth 2.0 as well, can you let me know how to retrieve the bearer token for the same?

And can you also let me know if the APIs provided in integration.client.jar support OAuth auth type?

Mehul Patel commented Aug 12 '20, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Anurag,

Are you referring authentication using application password with OIDC? 

Please refer Authentication of a native client with a Jazz-based application  for addressing bearer challenge related implementation in native application.

Regards,
Mehul

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 12 '20, 8:27 a.m.

Thanks Mehul, I had already suggested to look there in my initial response.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.