It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to i configure ibm lifecycle management server to communicate with ide cleints

Boitumelo Kenosi (111) | asked Oct 15 '21, 5:23 a.m.
edited Oct 15 '21, 4:53 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I would like to get  tips on how to configure IBM Engineering lifecycle Management server to communicate with ide clients

and how to launch a server.....

Tips on how to establish connections between server and client

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 15 '21, 8:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 15 '21, 9:01 a.m.

Is this some kind of trick question? First of all, the clients communicate with the server, not the other way around. Like in any web based applications, the client uses the URI to the server to open the connection.

How to install the server(s) is explained in the product documentation e.g.  https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=management-installing which should be carefully read. This is an enterprise application. 

You need to plan the products you want. If you want to play with it for testing, I would suggest to do a local install on some local server. Use a fully qualified host name. You can fake it in the hosts file. I usually use https://elm.example.com:9443/

You can use the web installer or the installation manager and the repositorie(s) from the download page. I prefer the repositories. During the setup, use the defaults with Derby as database. This is for just local testing, is quick and is well enough for playing with it. I use this since years.   

You can also install the clients locally based on installation manager. There are other choices, but that is too much for now.

Boitumelo Kenosi selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.