It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to activate Eclipse workspace projects that were once managed through RTC?

Emmanuel Yashchin (111) | asked Oct 11 '21, 3:27 p.m.

I have an Eclipse workspace and some 15 projects in it that were managed through Eclipse/RTC several years ago.  I am trying to activate them through the Eclipse IDE (there is no RTC plugin in it), and I am getting a message (when selecting any of the projects): 

--- "Open Project" has encountered a problem.  No file system is defined for scheme: sourcecontrol. ---

What are ways to fix that?  I need to move the projects to Git and make them usable by other department members.  Ideally, I would like to eliminate dependency on RTC to simplify the process of knowledge transfer to them – but this is not really necessary.   

Thank you

Emmanuel Yashchin

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 12 '21, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Right click the Eclipse project and use Team>Disconnect to disconnect the project from SCM. I have done this always with Eclipse with RTC installed. After it is disconnected, it can be shared with another SCM system. I think this is the easiest way.

If you cant install an Eclipse with RTC, another possible way would be to delete the .jazz5 folder (or .jazz* with * being 3,4 or 5) in the Eclipse workspace. Then start Eclipse with the workspace. Do Import>Existing Projects into workspace, select the Eclipse workspace and import all the projects into Eclipse. The projects should now be disconnected and you can share them again.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 12 '21, 6:42 a.m. | edited Oct 12 '21, 6:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The last step does not work for me. I can't select the projects for import. The reason being the project data is still there. I think you have to disconnect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.