It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom BIRT reports

Jan Van de Poel (2413216) | asked Nov 30 '09, 2:05 p.m.
I am in the progress of making some custom BIRT reports. At the moment I have two questions:

1. Is there some more documentation on the scalars in the (repository) snapshot? I am currently looking to create custom reports related to licenseAssignments...

2. How do I filter the different scalars? If I am just interested in the LicenseType, how do I select only that value, instead of the other scalars that are present...

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Dec 01 '09, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. Most of the scalars are implementation specific and are used for debugging purposes. The foundation team defines most of those. I doubt you will be able to find any documentation about the scalars.
2. I am not sure how familiar you are with the RTC reporting component and BIRT. In BIRT, when you create the data set that points to the SCALAR table, you will need to hard code the data set parameters GROUP, NAME and FACET to the values you need.

If the above is still not very clear, please say so and I will explain further.

You can also look at the report design named "Service Call Counters.rptdesign". That report uses the RANGE table which is similar to the SCALAR table.

Rafik Jaouani
Developer, RTC Reports Team

permanent link
Jan Van de Poel (2413216) | answered Dec 02 '09, 3:45 a.m.
Hi Rafik,

thank you for your reply. I will have a look at this as soon as I can and will get back to you if needed...

Thanks!
Jan

permanent link
Jan Van de Poel (2413216) | answered Dec 07 '09, 4:50 a.m.
Hi Rafik,

I have been going through the licenseUsage.rptdesign and I am getting a better understanding of the BIRT reports. The one thing that I could not find was the hard coded parameter values you are talking about. I would suspect this would be configured in the paramters section, but I am unable any relevant information there.

Any ideas?
Jan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.