It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get Query with name from RTC

Reem Kadadihi (135) | asked Sep 20 '21, 3:10 a.m.
Hi everyone,

is it possible to get a query from RTC using the query name? I know that I can get the query using the Id (IQueryRestService) but I wonder if is there anyway to get the query using its name.
Thank you in advance.

Reem.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 30 '21, 3:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

EWM has many APIs, which one are you referring to? In general my answer would be that, as far as I know, you can not get a query by name. In all implementations I have done, I had to first get all queries of a specific scope and then iterate the results to compare the name.

Comments
Reem Kadadihi commented Sep 30 '21, 5:08 a.m.
Hello Ralph,
thanks for the answer. I used OSLC to get the query using the query name:

regards.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '21, 5:42 a.m.

Hi Reem,

I am not sure if the capabilities specified here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ResourceOrientedWorkItemAPIv2#Examples_AN2

are all OSLC or conform with the standard. I think I ended up running a lot of those without OSLC headers. Thanks for the example, I had done a similar example but forgotten about it.  

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '21, 5:43 a.m.

PS, can you please copy your comment into an answer. I can then accept that answer and you get the credits. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.