It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG RPE - Publish Artifacts in a View with GC enabled

Glyn Costello (13636) | asked Aug 09 '21, 12:55 p.m.

Hi, 

The documentation states the below format for publishing from project level views (note: NOT module views):

https://server:port/rm/publish/[artifact_format]?viewURI=id1&projectURI=id2

This doesn't work for a configuration enabled project area, even if I add the config.context parameter. I can't find anywhere where it's documented to publish a set of artifacts from a project view if you have GC enabled. 

Documentation source:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Aug 09 '21, 3:53 p.m.

Hi Glyn,

Please check if you url is correct, because it should be

https://server:port/rm/publish/[artifact_format]?viewURI=id1&projectURI=id2&oslc_config.context=

Other option is using  vvc.configuration with stream URI as header parameter.

Glyn Costello selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Honey commented Aug 10 '21, 4:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I hope that the Configuration-Context header is supported as this is the header defined by the OSLC Configuration Management 1.0 specification. If it is supported, we should encourage customers to use it since it's standards based rather than vvc.configuration .

Bartosz Chrabski commented Aug 10 '21, 4:46 a.m.

David,

True, I was thinking about Configuration-Context in header but I made a mistake. Both options with header and oslc_config.context work. 

Glyn Costello commented Aug 27 '21, 11:51 a.m.

Ok, I tried again and it seemed to work, I think I may have not entered the ProjectURI correctly. either way working now. Thanks!

I've been on holiday and just got back so apologies for the delay in responding.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.