It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multicomponent Project

Marco Delato (512114) | asked Nov 26 '09, 6:00 a.m.
Hi,
We need to define a Project with multiple components.

The full directory tree is:
ProjectRoot->
Component1Root (subfolder1)
Component2Root (subfolder2)
Component3Root (subfolder3)

If I define a project on Eclipse and map the project with the ProjectRoot directory, I can't put different subfolders into a different components.

By using the resource Explorer View of Eclipse I can only share Eclipse Projects and put it into a single component. I can't share Project subfolder (if I right click on the sub-project folder the command team->share project is not enabled).

Is there any way to share this kind of projects by Eclipse?

Cheers,
Marco

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 30 '09, 5:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
We need to define a Project with multiple components.

The full directory tree is:
ProjectRoot->
Component1Root (subfolder1)
Component2Root (subfolder2)
Component3Root (subfolder3)

If I define a project on Eclipse and map the project with the ProjectRoot directory, I can't put different subfolders into a different components.

By using the resource Explorer View of Eclipse I can only share Eclipse Projects and put it into a single component. I can't share Project subfolder (if I right click on the sub-project folder the command team->share project is not enabled).

Is there any way to share this kind of projects by Eclipse?

Cheers,
Marco

Hi Marco

So RTC has a component model that sits above the Eclipse project level. This means that your RTC component contains one or more Eclipse projects, not the other way around.

There may be a way to achieve what you ask using linked files but I am not sure how this would work (but suspect someone else on the forum would know and will tell us).

regards

anthony

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 30 '09, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to set up a project using symbolic links that support has been added in 2.0.0.2. You can set up your links and the links will be recognized in the Pending Changes view. In the Package Explorer, links will lead to the real file so you can edit without any knowledge of the links.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.