Create dropdown from value set
How to I create a single select dropdown from a value set. I have been able to create a multi-select control with a value set (HTTP Filtered Value Set which is what I want to use here). But, see no way to create a single value selection from the collection. I tried setting to small string instead of string list (which produces multi-select).
I looked through jazz.net and could not find a solution. Any help provided is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Accepted answer
Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 do the RTC version. Search https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate for the term 'attribute'.
Work items have attributes. Attributes have a type and the type determines the values. Same with links that have types.
For attribute types you have the choice of 'someAttributeType' and 'someAttributeType'List.
*List attribute types are multi value lists and allow to have multiple values from 'someAttributeType' to be selected.
Enumerations are a special type of 'someAttributeType' that have a fixed set of value literals. This is often used to represent values for business objects. It is possible to add and remove literals later.
Attributes are configured to be edited in editor presentations. The configuration of the attribute in the editor presentation, the type and the characteristic of being a List attribute, decides if something (usually enumerations) is presented as a drop down list or radio button or checkbox or multi value list.
Attributes are configured to be edited in editor presentations. The configuration of the attribute in the editor presentation, the type and the characteristic of being a List attribute, decides if something (usually enumerations) is presented as a drop down list or radio button or checkbox or multi value list.
Do not call it drop down, I get pimples when I read that. Any multi valued attribute type can be represented as a drop down selection. Call it attribute, attribute type and attribute value(s).