It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with RTC V2.0 running the BuildForgeConnectorServer

Sam Sultana (5611311) | asked Nov 25 '09, 10:21 a.m.
Hi,

We have a Jazz RTC V2.0 Server running AIX 5.3 which we have installed the BuildForgeConnectorServer(V2.0) code on.

Jazz Foundation Server 1.0 (I20090618-1753)
Rational Team Concert 2.0 (I20090618-1753)

This is being talked to via a Build Forge Server (V2.0).

Since this has been running the Jazz RTC Server Crashes, and when you look into the Jazz.Log file there is an error saying 'Too Many Open Files'.

This does not happen if you disable the BuildForgeConnector Server.

Has anyone else had the same problem?... Or is there a Defect/Fix available?

regards,

Sam Sultana.

PS. This appears to be either a bug in the BuildForgeConnectorServer or in Jazz itself?!

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 25 '09, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We have a Jazz RTC V2.0 Server running AIX 5.3 which we have installed the BuildForgeConnectorServer(V2.0) code on.

Since this has been running the Jazz RTC Server Crashes, and when you look into the Jazz.Log file there is an error saying 'Too Many Open Files'.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

PS. This appears to be either a bug in the BuildForgeConnectorServer or in Jazz itself?!

Hi Sam

Have you tried increasing the number of file handles available in AIX? This may really be too many files open....

anthony

permanent link
Sam Sultana (5611311) | answered Nov 26 '09, 2:58 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for getting back to me...

Yes, we have looked into that, but we had a simular problem with RQM V2.0 and this turned out to be a bug in the Jazz Server code shipped with that version of the code. A Defect was raised and a fix released.

The question I have is, do we have the same problem with the level of Jazz Server code that is shipped with RTC V2.0? If so, then a think a defect needs to be raised with RTC Development team.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

Hi,

regards,

Sam Sultana.

Hi Sam

Have you tried increasing the number of file handles available in AIX? This may really be too many files open....

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 30 '09, 5:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for getting back to me...

Yes, we have looked into that, but we had a simular problem with RQM V2.0 and this turned out to be a bug in the Jazz Server code shipped with that version of the code. A Defect was raised and a fix released.

The question I have is, do we have the same problem with the level of Jazz Server code that is shipped with RTC V2.0? If so, then a think a defect needs to be raised with RTC Development team.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

Hi,

regards,

Sam Sultana.

Hi Sam

anthony

Hi Sam

If you look at the web UI and check the server version - this will tell you if you have the same server version as the one that had the problem.

If in any doubt - raise a defect on RTC anyway, then the dev team can sort this out one way or another.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.