It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqIF exchange after cloning

Miroslav Zaninovic (36723) | asked Feb 22 '21, 4:37 a.m.
Hi,

Does anyone know is it possible to continue ReqIF exchange after artifacts are cloned from one to another component.

1. Import 2 modules (M1 and M2) from DOORS classic to DNG by ReqIF
  2. after import we cloned M1 to component1 and M2 to component2. there was no issue and links are preserved.
  3. We would like to continue ReqIF exchange from DOORS to DNG, separately for M1 and separately for M2
Is this scenario possible?

We tried on DNG 7.0.1 iFix006, with DOORS 9.7.2.2
does not work for us, ReqIF exchange works for originally imported artifacts, but not fore clones. Maybe even our mistake.

Tnx

2 answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Feb 22 '21, 6:02 p.m.
edited Feb 22 '21, 6:03 p.m.
A clone will end up with different contexts, so I wouldn't expect it to work.

The way I would do this would be to have a master component with two clones made from it, and then I would perform the ReqIF between the master, and then merge the result changeset from the master into each clone.

I assume that you want to exchange the exact same requirement info between DOORS and both?

Comments
Miroslav Zaninovic commented Feb 26 '21, 3:33 a.m.
Tnx,
I tested it, it did not work. Even ReqIF from cloning source to cloning target creates a new ReqIF definition and import creates a duplicates.

Davyd Norris commented Feb 26 '21, 6:30 a.m.
I didn't mean to ReqIF between clones - that's not a good idea.

You set up your ReqIF between the other system and the base component. Then you import the ReqIF, which will create a change set. You then deliver that change set to any cloned components.

You only ever ReqIF to and from the base - everything else is delivering change sets

permanent link
Estelle Salyers (11) | answered Feb 28 '21, 2:31 a.m.

Should we do it or not?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.