It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to create a Dependency from a project area against another project area?

Nitu Kumari (26) | asked Feb 10 '21, 2:35 p.m.

Our organization is using ELM 7.0.1. At our current environment we can use Filed against field within the project team area.  As we have 10 project area, we are looking to create a dependency filed against another project. Some sort of link from one project to another which will allow us to pull the report and reflect the dependency across the project area.  Any help will be appreciated. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '21, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

On what level would this link be required? It would be possible to have dependency information in work items. The options on project area level are very limited.

Nitu Kumari commented Feb 11 '21, 2:28 p.m.

We are looking into project level as the dependencies are across the project. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 12 '21, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware of a linking capability for anything like that in ELM. The only capability I am aware of, to declare a relationship between project areas is the Association capability that can create associations between ELM providers to specify which provider provides/consumes which elements of the other project area.

Art least EWM has process attachments - documents - that I know one customer uses to store configuration information. This might be used to store meta information. Another option that can be looked into is to use elements that are managed by the project areas and create searchable artifact instances that then carry the information e.g. by using links such as Tracks between work items in different project areas.

That is what I can think of.

Comments
Nitu Kumari commented Feb 16 '21, 12:21 p.m.

Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.