It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone else observed an Error in the Upgrade Instructions To ELM 7.0.2?

Daniel Barbour (250222) | asked Jan 04 '21, 10:55 a.m.
The command lines created for me using the upgrade instructions for 7.0.2 (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_7.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html) reported an error when I tried using them because the '-oldJTSHome' value was incorrect.  I reverted to using the instructions generated for migrating to 7.0.1 and the generated upgrade instructions were correct.   Has anyone else seen this?

Correct Upgrade Command Line for JTS:
upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_6.0.6\server\conf" -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor -noResumePrompt

Erroneous Command Line for JTS:

upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "\server\conf" -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor -noResumePrompt

Note that I generated the upgrade instructions twice for 7.0.2 to confirm I did not incorrectly enter the path to the 'old' installation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jan 04 '21, 6:28 p.m.
Hi, Daniel

There is known issue in the interactive upgrade guide in v7.x. See the discussions in the below work item:

There is a notes document here:

I am not sure if it would cover your scenario which is showing path as Linux OS for Windows selection.
I just added some comments to the above work item to cover your scenario.

Thanks
Daniel Barbour selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Jan 05 '21, 6:31 a.m.

Don, they would be known if it would be communicated anywhere. 

Other topic is that for RM app the command is not even generated.

Daniel Barbour commented Jan 05 '21, 10:51 a.m. | edited Jan 05 '21, 10:55 a.m.

Yes - the handling of RM (at least when using LDX and links must be exported then reimported) is extremely 'awkward' in that the Interactive Upgrade Guide redirects the user to a different link .. that link is not clearly high lighted as shown below: (note the underlined link...the underlining does not show up in Firefox unless the mouse is hovering over that text.  It would help if it stood out more (bolded/red/etc..)

{No room here...I covered it more completely in a separate 'answer'}

One other answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Jan 05 '21, 10:50 a.m.
edited Jan 05 '21, 10:56 a.m.
In regard to Bartolsz's comment:

Yes - the handling of RM (at least when using LDX and links must be exported then reimported) is extremely 'awkward' in that the Interactive Upgrade Guide redirects the user to a different link .. that link is not clearly high lighted as shown below: (note the referenced link..the different coloring does not show up well in Firefox.  It would help if it stood out more (bolded/red/etc..)

"...

Upgrading the Requirements Management application

Before you start the Requirements Management application upgrade, ensure that the database statistics are up-to-date. Otherwise, the migration might take several hours.

Databases generally manage statistics automatically; for example, in a scheduled overnight operation. However, to ensure that the database is fully optimized, you can manually run the statistics as follows:

EXEC sp_updatestats

For information about the SQL Server database Update Statistics command, see the SQL Server documentation.

To upgrade the Requirements Management application that is installed on the same server as Jazz Team Server and migrate the link validity data, see this deployment wiki document.

..."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.