It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS Custom Expression documentation

Lita Gribben (112) | asked Dec 30 '20, 3:29 p.m.

I'm trying to create better reports on JRS and I am having no luck finding documentation on what can be done with Custom Expressions. The few resources only go into a couple of options, and I've been able to find more random options on this forum or other pages (for example GROUP_CONCAT), so I imagine there's different expressions that can be used. Is there anywhere where all these are documented?

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12749) | answered Dec 30 '20, 3:33 p.m.

Hi Lita,

You should start with SparQL documentation: https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 31 '20, 10:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Actually I think Lita is asking about the option newly added in V7 to create a custom expression in a column of data on the "Format Results" tab of the guided UI (rather than using an advanced query).  The available functions differ by database (Data warehouse with Db2, Oracle or SQL Server) or LQE.

I'm not aware of good documentation or examples (yet).

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Dec 31 '20, 10:56 a.m.
Daniel,

GROUP_CONCAT is function which you can use directly in "Format Results" without even touching Advanced Queries.

I think what everyone are missing is list of LQE functions that are supported by ELM 7.0.X.

Lita Gribben commented Jan 14 '21, 2:22 p.m.

You're correct Daniel. The custom expression provides some options you can click on, but looking through the forum I happened to find GROUP_CONCAT which has been useful but it's not an obvious option on JRS and I was hoping there was some documentation from IBM that I missed about this and other functions. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.