It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the format to import test cases from RQM application tool itself?

meghana kaddu (217) | asked Oct 13 '20, 5:16 a.m.

HI, 

Can anyone please help me in finding a way to get an excel sheet along with test case data from RQM in such a format where I can use the same format for importing the updated excel sheet again into the application.

Thank You
Meghana 

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Oct 14 '20, 10:05 a.m.

Hi Meghana,

I am not sure I totally understand your question but if you have installed the ETM/RQM Excel Import utility there are several samples that are frequently used as starting point. They cover a number of common import use cases. Have you looked at those? The path will be similar to C:\Program Files\IBM\ETMExcelImporterX64ForDotNET45\Samples 

If the samples do not provide what you need to get started please elaborate on your use case. 

Thanks,
Brett 

One answer

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Dec 09 '20, 8:12 a.m.

Hi Meghana,

As mentioned by Brett, the question is not clear. The ETM excel import utility provides the support to export the test artifacts to ETM server. You can also refer to the wide range of samples it provides. 

Also, you can execute any testcase/TCER from ETM server, save the rqms file. Then import this file to excel using the excel import utility, provide the result and export the testcase result back to server. This is called offline execution. Please refer wiki Import or offline for more details on offline execution.

Thanks,
Monika Rajput

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.