It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Apache tomcat to Liberty server migration while migrating RTC-5.0.2 server with JTS and CCM application to RTC-6.0.6

aastha khatri (22721) | asked Oct 01 '20, 3:07 a.m.
We are planning to migrate our RTC-5.0.2 server with JTS and CCM application to RTC-6.0.6. We have custom plugins implemented using RTC server APIs. My doubt is will running the upgrade scripts take care of migrating the web applications (plugins, sites for jts and ccm) along with config files(server.xml,web.xml) from apache tomcat to liberty server.
As I read in the interactive upgrade guide that server.xml , web.xml.context.xml and tomcat-users.xml will be automatically migrated from tomcat to respective Liberty server config files. But my doubt is how about the custom code (provision profiles, plugins and sites).
Also after upgrade to RTC-6.0.6 how shall we deploy new plugins to the server.
Thanks,
Aastha

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 01 '20, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, you have to deploy your custom extensions manually.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 01 '20, 3:26 a.m.

This is true for any upgraxde or change of application server. 

aastha khatri commented Oct 01 '20, 3:48 a.m.
Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your quick reply. So after upgrade I will have to set up Liberty server in RTC-6.0.6 from start, the RTC upgrade script will not even upgrade the config files (server.xml,config.xml ,context.xml)? Do you have a guide for RTC 6.0.6 extension using Liberty server ? Could you please guide me in right direction?
Thanks,
Aastha

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 01 '20, 3:59 a.m.

No, you will have to copy your extension files to the new location. This is true for any install or upgrade, so I wonder why I even have to provide this information here. 

The RTC Upgrade script takes care for upgrading the product. Your extensions are not a part of that and RTC does not know about them and does not care.

https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 is still valid and available to educate yourself how extending works and what files and file locations are involved. 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 01 '20, 4:07 a.m.

Once you have copied the extension files where they belong, you have to request a server reset and restart the server, so that the extension(s) are found, read and cached. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/is-the-extension-deployed-how-can-i-redeploy/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.