It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is module strcuture api launch with preview version of 6.0.5 is accessible for 6.0.6 doorsng version too?

aresha vora (218) | asked Sep 28 '20, 3:10 p.m.
is module structure API launch with preview version of 6.0.5 is accessible for 6.0.6 doorsng version too?

Above doorsng module structure api is accessible in 6.0.6 version too? if so, kindly let us know how to create artifact in module with above api in 6.0.6 version. as i am getting 404 error while accessing get request for module structure with url https://10.13.27.215:9443/rdm/resources/_7ZFptAFVEeucUpiimAev0A/structure and header as DoorsRP-Request-Type = public 2.0

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 29 '20, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That API should work for 6.0.5 and newer.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 29 '20, 3:22 a.m.

The API is a module structure API and not a module API as far as I can tell. I would expect the Module artifacts to be part of the OSLC API. See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_7.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_rm_oslc_services.html 

aresha vora commented Sep 29 '20, 7:19 a.m. | edited Sep 29 '20, 7:44 a.m.
But its not working 404 coming while fetching module structure with 6.0.6 version. can someone help me understand what should be done in order to make this api works for 6.0.6

Our main purpose is to create artifact in module with this structure api. but as get api not working henceforth we haven't try much for put and post. as we cant use oslc api to add artifact in module to create shared as we need an api which create base and add it to module in single put or post request.  and this single api available other than this structure preview api is private api. but we prefer this public preview api over the private api.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 29 '20, 8:49 a.m. | edited Sep 29 '20, 8:50 a.m.

I know other customers that use that API in 6.0.6.1. I can not provide any help based on the information you provide.

aresha vora commented Sep 29 '20, 12:36 p.m.
Let me know what other information required in order to help.  below is basic request information which we are invoking.
Get API Url:

Headers:
Accept: application/rdf+xml
DoorsRP_Request-Type": public 2.0

Response:

Note: instead of Module Id we tried to pass module structure id as get api URL but still no luck.

permanent link
Andy Dennis (118) | answered Nov 06 '20, 1:16 p.m.
Hi,

Did you resolve this?

I'm getting the structure back ok on the GET but I get a 404 error on the PUT, even though I set the etag value in the "If-Match" header and have the other required headers.

i.e.

Content-Type:application/rdf+xml
Accept: application/rdf+xml
DoorsRP_Request-Type public 2.0
If-Match: <etag value from GET>

PUT <server>/rm/resources<modid>/structure

At the moment I just PUT the un-modified xml I got back from the GET request so that I know I'm not breaking anything

Response is 404 Not found with a status of protocol error.

Any idea what this may be?

Thanks
Andy.

Andy

permanent link
Andy Dennis (118) | answered Nov 12 '20, 10:23 a.m.

Has anyone got this working with the OSLC collection api by adding <oslc_rm:uses> tags?

I can update the title but adding or removing the uses tags for existing artifacts just gives me a bad request error. 

The tags look ok compared to what I've seen in examples.  It's a shame that the Workshop examples don't include this

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 13 '20, 2:33 a.m.

That API is not an OSLC API as far as I know. So it is questionable how they could be mixed.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 13 '20, 2:37 a.m.
In addition, it is a bad practice to ask questions on other users questions. If you have a question, create your own question. You can refer to other questions, providing a link.

Feel free to comment on questions and answers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.