It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using RTC with Portlet Factory

Kevin Griffith (11) | asked Nov 17 '09, 11:29 a.m.
I need to use WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1.2 with RTC 2.0.0.1.
After installing WPF, into the existing RTC eclipse, the WPF perspective is not visible.
The configuration shows that the WPF features & plugins are installed.
The link file was created.

Compatibility problem?

Has anybody done this?

thanks for any help/experience you may be able to share.

Kevin

4 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 19 '09, 6:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Kevin,
may you please indicate on top which version of Eclipse WPF 612 is build on?
Please also share your workspace log:
<workspace_dir>/.metadata/.log.
along with your configuration details:
Help --> About --> RTC --> configuration details.

Thanks.
Eric.

kevingriffith a crit :
I need to use WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1.2 with RTC 2.0.0.1.
After installing WPF, into the existing RTC eclipse, the WPF
perspective is not visible.
The configuration shows that the WPF features & plugins are
installed.
The link file was created.

Compatibility problem?

Has anybody done this?

thanks for any help/experience you may be able to share.

Kevin

permanent link
Kevin Grifith (16) | answered Nov 19 '09, 4:41 p.m.
Hi Eric,
thanks for your response.

I'm not sure which release of eclipse WPF is built on.

The com.bowstreet.designer_6.1.2 requires an import of org.eclipse.core.runtime greater or equal to 3.4.0

I see the jazz/client/eclipse/readme_eclipse.html indicates RTC2.0.0.1 uses Release 3.4.2.

That requirement seems to be met.

The config details file is a bit too large to post here.

I cleaned out the workspace log and restarted the workspace.
The following log indicates an error :
!MESSAGE Error occurred while building repository location from file: C:\IBM\RTC-ExpressC-Full-2.0.0.1-Win\jazz\client\eclipse\links\com.bowstreet.designer.link

Could there be a problem caused by the dashes and periods in the install directory?

I'll do a reinstall to check that out.

Here is the stack for the error:

!SESSION 2009-11-19 22:30:29.566 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20090914-1300
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Vista x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20090422 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20090421_34076_lHdSMr
JIT - 20081112_1511ifx6_r8
GC - 200811_07
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data C:\Users\Kevin GRIFFITH\Documents\workspaces\Rtc2Workspace

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins 4 0 2009-11-19 22:30:33.673
!MESSAGE Error occurred while building repository location from file: C:\IBM\RTC-ExpressC-Full-2.0.0.1-Win\jazz\client\eclipse\links\com.bowstreet.designer.link
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Syntaxe du nom de fichier, de rpertoire ou de volume incorrecte.
at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:434)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:560)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(File.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.getLinkRepository(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:158)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.createRepositoryURL(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:114)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.added(DropinsRepositoryListener.java:60)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.DirectoryWatcher.processFile(DirectoryWatcher.java:200)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.DirectoryWatcher.scanDirectories(DirectoryWatcher.java:161)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.DirectoryWatcher.poll(DirectoryWatcher.java:108)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Activator.java:472)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:158)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:489)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:211)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:321)

permanent link
Kevin Grifith (16) | answered Nov 26 '09, 4:21 p.m.
I put RTC at a short directory name (c:\ibm\rtc) without any dashes, spaces, periods. I reinstalled websphere portlet factory, choosing the RTC eclipse directory in the install wizard, but the WPF perspective still won't come up.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

Kevin

permanent link
Kevin Grifith (16) | answered Nov 29 '09, 3:39 p.m.
Ok, I got WPF and RTC to both come up in my RAD.
I installed WPF 6.1.2 into my RAD 7.5.4 using the WPF install wizard. Then I added .link files in the /sdp/links directory pointing to the RTC 2.0.0.1 install.
A link file for build, foundation, reports, scm, scmconnectors, ua, and workitem with a path set like this:
path=C:/IBM/RTC/jazz/client/eclipse/jazz/build

Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.