It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] Why is the HTML editor in Eclipse Client so small?

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47427) | asked Aug 26 '20, 3:58 a.m.

When opening a Workitem in Eclipse Client, it is difficult to use because the Attribute of HTML type is displayed in only one line.
Is it not possible to adjust the height?
Eclipse ver 5.0.2 or 6.0.2

2 answers

permanent link
Dave Evans (14812646) | answered Sep 03 '20, 1:14 p.m.

We have a lot of HTML attributes in our process and they display just fine in the Web and Eclipse presentations....many lines.

Couple of things:
1) Be sure that the presentation type is set to HTML, not string. String is one line.
2) We observed in the past that some tab layouts do not work quite right in certain situations. If 1 doesn't work, maybe play around with this.
3) If you have a LOT of HTML presentations, the web client will render them all at the required height and the browser scroll bar will be used to scroll down, but in Eclipse it divides all available space for the window evenly. So if you had 20 HTML presentations, each one would only get 1/20th the height of the window. Additional tabs would be needed to alleviate that situation.

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Sep 03 '20, 11:09 p.m.

Thanks for the explanation!!

I understand that it can not be supported if there are many attributes in the specifications of Eclipse.

It uses many attributes as well.
I was very in trouble.

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Aug 27 '20, 5:25 a.m.

I am aware of this restriction. I researched it quite recently. An enhancement is required for this issue. You may wish to try Large String as a work around. From memory, that will give you at least two lines, even when collapsed.

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Aug 28 '20, 12:23 a.m.

If we use Large HTML, it will be fundamentally wrong because the query will not be searchable.

Ian Wark commented Aug 31 '20, 12:59 a.m.

I think you mean Large String would not be searchable. Yes? That would be a good thing to mention when creating a RFE.

Ian Wark commented Aug 31 '20, 6:04 a.m.
I created a RFE for this. HTH.

Improve the sizing behavior of the Eclipse LargeHTML presentation

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Sep 03 '20, 10:53 p.m.

Thanks!
But we want to adjust the height of HTML attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.