It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access linked work items of the a work item using RPE

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Apr 03 '20, 7:55 a.m.
edited Apr 03 '20, 8:00 a.m.

I am using RPE Version 2.1.2 and CLM 6.0.6.1. I have an Work-item A 's ID using which I want to access its linked work-items of all link types. Then display summary and ID of those linked work-items. <o:p> </o:p>

To implement this I have taken two data source, RTCworkitem and RefWorkitem. URL for RTCworkitem is https://QA:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem/workItem/id/555 and RefWorkitem is https://QA:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/targetRef/referencedItem/reportableUrl <o:p> </o:p>

Data source configuration, Target data source – RefWorkitem and Inherited data configuration – RTCworkitem.  Dynamic Configuration – Not sure about URL <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>     It's </o:p>  not working, have I missed anything in the configuration? Please help me with correct configuration.

<o:p>   </o:p>

Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 04 '20, 3:19 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '20, 3:23 a.m.
workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/targetRef/referencedItem/reportableUrl does not return the correct URL of linked workItems and hence it is not working for you. You should be able to list all related workItems without using any Data Source Configuration element - using workitem/workItem/related/id and workitem/workItem/related/summary.
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Apr 06 '20, 7:10 a.m.

Hello Subramanya,

Thank you for the response. 

I am able to access the linked worki tems. Now I am struggling to get details of all the links linked work item. example Work itemA-->Links of A,Work itemB-->Links of B, Work itemC......n.
Please help me to access all the traceability links.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.