It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to do Rollback in RTC SCM

Kiran A (31146) | asked Jun 09 '20, 5:02 a.m.

Hi Team,

Here is the scenario, We have two stream in the name of Dev and Prod. From the Dev stream we have delivered and merged 3 changesets (A, B, C) to the Prod stream which is having same file but different lines of modification. But for the release we have to take only B and C changesets and for the A changeset have to Rollback from Prod stream.

Is there a way to do Rollback for the Particular changeset? Kindly assist us to achieve the rollback process.

Regards,
Kiran

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 09 '20, 7:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 09 '20, 8:43 a.m.
To revert a change from a change set in a stream, you can create a patch that reverts the change. Apply that patch and deliver the reverting change. You could revert the change set A and only deliver the change to the prod stream

If you have changes to the same files in two change sets, they have an order dependency and that, in my opinion, limits what you can do in this scenario if they are already delivered. You could get rid of the change set A only if it was the last of the three change sets A,B,C delivered as explained below.

To get rid of the last (or any change set not being required by another change set) I think you can do the following. Assuming you have a repository workspace with the state state of the stream containing the change sets. Rebase the affected component in the stream to a state before the change sets (e.g. A,B,C) have been delivered. Deliver the now outgoing changes, except A,B,C to the stream. Now you can deliver only the changes you want to be delivered. If there is a dependency, the SCM system will tell you and I think you need to use the patch.

https://jazz.net/library/article/126 is important, but does not cover this case, I think.

Comments
Kiran A commented Jun 09 '20, 7:25 a.m.

Thank you for the reply Ralph.

How about Rollback option in Operation History? Will that option will give hand for doing particular changeset rollback?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 09 '20, 7:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have not used that yet and I can not see individual change sets.

For all I can see that seems to do what I explained by replacing the component with an older state, as I describe above. You would still have to redeliver your other changes to the component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.