It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get the latest modified workitem from a particular project area?

Sunayana Modhave (111) | asked May 19 '20, 3:36 a.m.

I want to fetch the latest modified workitem of a project area , I did it fetching all workitems and then sorting workitems based on modified date in descending order, but this causes too much load on server ,also takes lot of time to fetch all workitems. So please provide me the solution for this.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 19 '20, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would try to query for the work items modified after a day ago and then take the last. 

Sunayana Modhave commented May 19 '20, 7:12 a.m. | edited May 19 '20, 7:13 a.m.

Hello Ralph, 

I want to fetch latest modified workitem for many projct areas,so modified dates range would be different for every project area. I want a solution where instead of getting many workitems for a single project area based on modified date, I shoud be able to get only that one workitem which was last modified in that project area. Any solution for this?

Ralph Schoon commented May 19 '20, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I shared the only Idea I could come up with, which is to use the RTC Query engine and limit the amount of data returned.  If you want to limit the load on the CCM server, you could look into something similar using the data ware house / reporting.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.