It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG shows "a connection to server cannot be established"

Vishakha Kansal (3116) | asked May 12 '20, 1:59 a.m.

RDNG gives error a connection to server cannot be established. The following HTTP status code was received 0.

This error is observed when updating more than 1500 thousand artifacts at a time through custom code.  

It is also observed sometimes when importing artifacts but then server restart fixes the issue.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '20, 4:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is the question? What is the use case to get HTTP error 0? 

BTW, a quick internet search for HTTP status code 0 suggests that this is often related to a timeout. 

Vishakha Kansal commented May 12 '20, 5:14 a.m.

I have a extension which updates all artifacts in a module. If its is run for a module having 1500 k or above artifacts then this error is observed.

Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '20, 5:21 a.m. | edited May 12 '20, 5:22 a.m.

So, again, what is the question? 

If the question is, why do I get this?, the answer would most likely be, that the extension causes the system to fail for unknown reasons.

If the HTTP response 0 is received in the extension, I would consider this due to a timeout. Maybe the server becomes unresponsive. 

Since you do not disclose any useful details I am unsure about how to proceed.

Vishakha Kansal commented May 12 '20, 5:32 a.m.

Ralph, 

Thanks for your response.

The question is how can i fix this error? Any suggestions on possible causes for system failing? 

Extension is written in javascript to take some part of text out of primary text and populate a custom attribute. It is executed on a module level after opening it. It works fine for module with 500 artifacts but shows this error on more artifacts. 
After this error artifacts are not updated properly through extension.
Let me know if you need more details.

Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '20, 6:57 a.m.

I do not know that API and can't help. I would also be concerned about the effort and amount of conversation needed to even get to a proper question.

Personally, I would try to debug it and maybe try to use delays to reduce the load the extension creates. 

Vishakha Kansal commented May 12 '20, 7:18 a.m. | edited May 12 '20, 7:18 a.m.

I can attach the script here for debugging.  Please find it below

Vishakha Kansal commented May 25 '20, 11:23 p.m.

Hello Ralph, Did you get any chance on debugging the script. Thanks in Advance. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 26 '20, 2:35 a.m. | edited May 26 '20, 2:39 a.m.

Sorry, but I do not debug other peoples scripts.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.