It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you get the name of the module of a linked item in DNG with RPE?

David Clark (2341150) | asked May 06 '20, 5:26 p.m.

I have a basic trace matrix built, but curious how to get the name of the module containing the artifact that is linked in the <LInks> section of the URI?

Comments
David Clark commented May 07 '20, 11:53 a.m.

This is very frustrating... I have spent hours trying to figure out how I can follow a Link from Artifact_1 to Artifact_2 and then discover the Module Artifact_2 is in.

There appears to be NOTHING in the URI for Artifact_2 that references the module it is in. HOW is this done?

How is the module information appended to the DNG UI such that when I display a link "Satisfies" I get  "1234: artifact_2 (module it can be found in)"

I can automate trace matrices and even can follow multiple levels, but I can NOT figure out how to get the module they are in!...

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 07 '20, 1:18 p.m.
Hi David,
You can get the URL of linked artifact using ataSource/artifact/traceability/links/Link/relation, on which you have to make another data request. Then you should be able to print dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/moduleDisplayName
I am attaching a simple template for your reference.
Regards,
Prasad

Comments
David Clark commented May 07 '20, 4:59 p.m.

This does not work.

- ...Link/Relation when cast as a resource data configuration returns the artifact in question, that is easy.
I do not understand how you can post the relation without replacing the 
/resources/ with "/publish/resources?resourceURI=" - I'm I missing something?
I have: Module_A ><requirement_High> --> linked to <requirement_Low> (that lives in Module_B)
I get <req_High> as a resource, look at it's XML, it has: 
   <moduleContext><...binding><...displayname>
    <traceability><links><Link><satisfied By><relation>

I data configure <relation> with /resources?resourceURI=(relation URI) and I get <req_Low>  GREAT! But <req_Low> has no <module context> to use in order to retrieve the module information. req_High req_Low

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 08 '20, 1:18 a.m.

You can GET the relation without replacing the 

/resources/ with "/publish/resources?resourceURI=". For this, you need to use Extra Header (POX Profile).
Probably you are using core version instead of module version of the artifact. To showcase this, I have used 2 different approaches to configure data source configuration elements. You can compare Data Source Configuration element (having ID 18) with Data Source Configuration element (having ID 186). I have not tested the template, but one of the approaches should work.

David Clark commented May 08 '20, 9:26 a.m.

Prasad, thank you for the response, but I am still having difficulty.

The Extra Header works IF you are not using configurations. I am so I append oslc_config to the URI.
The relation attribute returns the CORE URI or base artifact URI, I do not see how to get to the module version of the artifact from the core version.

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Sep 03 '22, 7:31 p.m.

I wanted to follow up on this thread. I am having the same problem and I am using PUB 7.0.2.

I need to navigate a traceability link from one artifact to another. Then I need module-related information about that linked artifact, like the artifact's section number within the module. 

When I follow the Link/Relation URI, it takes me to the base artifact. How do I pivot to the module instance of that artifact?

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Sep 05 '22, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Bob - you should create a new questoin 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.