It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deliver artifacts to a different stream without other Change Sets

Richard Hall (107211) | asked Apr 30 '20, 9:00 p.m.

In my project I have a stream per release

Stream R1 contains the requirements for the current release

Stream R2 contains the requirements for the next release.  It has a significant numbers of changes. 

I have a set of artifact changes in Stream R2 that I would like to deliver to Streams R1 since we now want to implement them in the current release.  

These were originally made in a Change Set.

When I try to deliver that Change Set to Stream R1 DOORS NG wants to deliver a large number of other Change Sets which contain changes that I do not want to deliver to Stream R1.  I suspect that the other change sets as seen as related because there are changes in the same modules even though the same artifacts are not changed.

What I would really like to do is to pick a set of artifacts and 'merge' them into Stream R1.  But I do not believe that is possible because all merging needs to be done on Change Sets.

Is there any way around this?

One answer

permanent link
Javier Davalos (9115) | answered Jul 01 '20, 2:29 a.m.

Hi Richard, when you attempt to deliver the change set to Stream R1, the wizard should allow you to select which changes you want to deliver. The following document describes that in the "Select or exclude individual changes for delivery" section: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6.1/com.ibm.jazz.vvc.doc/topics/t_del_chgs_elsewhere.html, however you need to work with the delivered change sets, and select "Do not deliver" to the changes you're not interested in having them in R1 Steam from R2 Stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.