It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hidden GUI controls of operational advisor in RTC Eclipse Client when run in CentOS 7

Dmitry A. Lesin (24826796) | asked Apr 23 '20, 4:18 a.m.
edited Apr 23 '20, 4:18 a.m.

Hello!
Last years, I have noticed a strangs behaviout of GUI part of an RTC behaviour advisor developed several years ago. It was developed entirely in accordance to:

https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

My advisor contains both server and client part designed to comfortably setup parameters allowing to set them in GUI controls of RTC Eclipse Client.But there's some strange difference when running it on different OS. The GUI part in RTC Eclipse Client works perfect in Windows. But it doesn't work in CentOS 7/RHEL 7. I mean that I don't see the controls when running RTC Eclipse client. But if the advisor was properly setup in XML project source then it works properly nevertheles. But it could be very comfortable to setup it in GUI controls to avoid the errors.

Could please somebody assume what the reason of absent GUI controls in RTC Eclipse Client can be? Is it a problem of absent 32-bit graphics support for or may be something else? May be there can be some more reason, does somebody know it?
Thank you guys in advance for help!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 23 '20, 10:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No idea.

I would look for errors in the Eclipse logs.
If there are no errors in the Eclipse logs, no idea.
I have seen some issues when stuff was compiled and packaged on Windows and then run on Linux. I would expect that to sow up in the logs.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.