It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Operation Participant XML Schema not providing template proposals in project configuration source.

Dustin Walker (288) | asked Dec 11 '19, 11:12 a.m.
edited Dec 11 '19, 11:13 a.m.

I have developed an operation behavior that will update the filed against category based on certain approval status'. The issue I am having is when I reprovision my localhost for the operation behavior everything works fine. I can then add the operation behavior in the web client, but it will not show up as an option to add in the eclipse client. If I add it in the web client and then use the eclipse client to edit the process configuration source the XML does not show the operation as unconfigured even though it has not had the required xml elements added. I can manually add them without the ctrl+space assistance and the operation behavior works fine. I tested everything in my jetty server first as documented in this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 and I had no issues. Once I deploy to my local host the xml schema does not tell the process configuration source more elements are required and also the operation cannot be added via the eclipse client. I have checked the log and have not found any issues related to my operation behavior. Assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I have already specified the xml schema in the plugin.xml Extensions tab.)

Comments
Dustin Walker commented Dec 11 '19, 11:14 a.m.

If there is information that would help shed light on this issue I will be happy to provide it. 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 11 '19, 11:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately it is more or less impossible to remote debug this. Especially such behavior that can be cause by just a typo in the declarative parts.

Did you a server reset? I have usually only tried to configure in the Eclipse client, the UI in the Web Client is not published and using both seems to create problems in the Eclipse client.

Dustin Walker commented Jan 07 '20, 2:29 p.m.

Ralph, I did do a server reset. Everything works in Jetty, but not once it is deployed. I found this link (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProcessExtensionSchemas) and made sure I adhered to the guidelines and rules described. I am thinking that there is a server setting the prevents external schemas from loading? Often this is a security feature on web applications. Is this the case with RTC?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 08 '20, 1:55 a.m.
I am not aware of such a feature. The Extensions workshop works for me - and you deploy on the development server as well. Other customers use this as well.

This works. I do not understand your problem. Packaging and deploying can be hard. Sometimes a typo can decide works or does not work. Check the logs etc.

Note that you have to deploy on the client as well, if you have client specific extensions such as aspect editors.

Dustin Walker commented Jan 08 '20, 10:54 a.m.

I have an operation behavior that does not need an aspect editor and therefore does not have one. It is just the server side extension with the schema. Since this is deployed only on the server is this why the eclipse client does not show errors in the process xml?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 08 '20, 11:01 a.m.

No, I have many examples on https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ that do not have aspect editors and they are configurable in the Eclipse client. The Extensions workshop also shows that the aspect editor is not needed and you can configure in the process XML in the Eclipse client.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.