It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration of RQM v2.0.0.1 with Doors v9.2.0.1

kathleen koh (612169) | asked Nov 09 '09, 6:09 a.m.
I have created the required UserID of RQMISVR in RQM as well as RQMISYNC in Doors.

Installed Doors RQMI server followed RQMI Client

When i register Doors Database with admin -a <Hostname> 36677 RQMISYNC RQMISYNC, i received the following error message:

Nov 9, 2009 7:05:23 PM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SEVERE: ERROR: DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc:derby:../../rqmdrsDB;create=fals
e;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Database '../../rqmdrsDB' not found.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.DBManager.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.ExportData.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.admin.Admin.main(Unknown Source)

Any suggestion what could have gone wrong in my steps ?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

14 answers

permanent link
Hazel Woodcock (111) | answered Nov 09 '09, 9:59 a.m.
Two things;
First, when you install the integration you should have the option to register the database, and so this step would be unnecessary.
Second,you say that

...register Doors Database with admin -a <Hostname> 36677 RQMISYNC RQMISYNC,...

Have you logged in to DOORS as RQMISYNC from a standard client? Have you checked that the password really is RQMISYNC (same as username)?
This step is always useful before calling support as it is likely to be one of the first things they will ask you to do. This verifies that the account is set up properly in DOORS before the integration attempts to use it.

permanent link
kathleen koh (612169) | answered Nov 10 '09, 7:52 a.m.
Hi Hazel,

Question 1:
>> First, when you install the integration you should have the option to register the database, and so this step would be unnecessary.

I dont remember seeing the option. Under which steps of the installation did this option appear ?

Question 2:
>> Have you logged in to DOORS as RQMISYNC from a standard client? Have you checked that the password really is RQMISYNC (same as username)?

Yes.. i did check by logging into Doors with RQMISYNC with password RQMISYNC.

Thank you for your reply.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10288273) | answered Nov 10 '09, 8:33 a.m.
We had RQM 2.0.0.0 with DOORs 9.2.0.1.

When we upgraded to 2.0.0.1, it stopped working. Support is looking in to it for us.

permanent link
kathleen koh (612169) | answered Nov 10 '09, 9:33 a.m.
We had RQM 2.0.0.0 with DOORs 9.2.0.1.

When we upgraded to 2.0.0.1, it stopped working. Support is looking in to it for us.

Thank you for your note.

Now i tried the integration between RQM v2.0.0 with Doors v9.2.0.1.

I still could not get it right as when i start RQMI Server, i received similar error.

INFO: RQMI Server v1.02.0002 starting...
Nov 10, 2009 10:30:39 PM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SEVERE: ERROR: DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc:derby:../../rqmdrsDB;create=fals
e;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Database '../../rqmdrsDB' not found.
SEVERE: ERROR: Sync Database Lookup Failure. Synchronisation cannot be started.
SEVERE: ERROR: Exception: null
Nov 10, 2009 10:30:39 PM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: Initialising server ...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1088)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RemoteRQMWorker.get(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.initialiseNextTestPlanId(Unknown So
urce)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.main(Unknown Source)

Fyi.. before i run RQMI Server, i have started RQM successfully.

Appreciate anybody advise what could have gone wrong.

Thank you.

permanent link
Tony Puleo (6) | answered Dec 02 '09, 2:33 p.m.
I'm running into a similar issue where nothing is coming over from the import.

permanent link
kathleen koh (612169) | answered Dec 04 '09, 1:21 a.m.
I'm running into a similar issue where nothing is coming over from the import.

I have finally resolved it by not following the setting from the documentation which works for RQM v1.0.1 and Doors v9.2.

I did the following setting instead at the Jazz User Administration page for RQMISVR user.

1) Create a new user account with a userID of RQMISVR.

2) For repository permission, the user account should have both JazzAdmins and JazzUsers

3) For client access license, select Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager and Rational Quality Manager - Connector.

4) Change the password of the RQMISVR user account.

5) Go to Jazz Project Administration Page

6) Edit each project area and add the RQMISVR user as a Administrator of the project

Interestingly, it works !! I am still trying to confirm with support whether the above is the confirmed setting.

permanent link
Mark Perrella (36) | answered Feb 10 '10, 11:36 a.m.

I have finally resolved it by not following the setting from the documentation which works for RQM v1.0.1 and Doors v9.2.

I did the following setting instead at the Jazz User Administration page for RQMISVR user.

1) Create a new user account with a userID of RQMISVR.

2) For repository permission, the user account should have both JazzAdmins and JazzUsers

3) For client access license, select Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager and Rational Quality Manager - Connector.

4) Change the password of the RQMISVR user account.

5) Go to Jazz Project Administration Page

6) Edit each project area and add the RQMISVR user as a Administrator of the project

Interestingly, it works !! I am still trying to confirm with support whether the above is the confirmed setting.

I have RQM 2.0 and DOORS 9.2.0.2 running. I have installed the RQM Interface server from DOORS to enable the RQM - DOORS integration. Initially I had problems because the settings I entered during installation for username and password (RQMISVR as recommended in the installation guide) were not written to the conf\server.properties file. I corrected the username in this file and ran admin.bat to correct the password. I also had to set the RQM hostname in this file. Having done this, it looks like the RQMI server runs and connects to the RQM server. The log of this is as below:

C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.2\RQMInterface\Server\IM\bin>serverstart.bat
Logging level: 1
10-Feb-2010 15:05:43 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:45 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:46 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: Getting data from RQM ...
10-Feb-2010 15:05:46 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: RQM RETURN STATUS: 200
10-Feb-2010 15:05:47 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:47 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:49 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:51 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
10-Feb-2010 15:05:52 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: Server started for build v1.02.0002 with database v1.01.0001

However, when I start DOORS (as RQMISYNC) and choose RQM -> Export to RQM, I get the error message:

The command could not be executed. Details: Connection to server could not be established. The RQM Interface client process may not be running. Please try closing and restarting the DOORS application.

Needless to say, restarting DOORS had no effect. Has anyone got any advice on how to resolve this please?

Thanks,
Mark

permanent link
Mark Perrella (36) | answered Feb 11 '10, 12:00 p.m.
I've fixed this issue and now have DOORS 9.2.0.2 working with RQM 2.0. My error was during the RQM Interface client installation, I had entered the host name of the RQM server rather than the RQMI server. I have these running on different machines. In my defence, I did this because I followed the DOORS Installation Guide manual which has an error in it and specifies that the RQM Server hostname should be entered when in fact it should be the RQMI Server hostname. I can't help but think that a different name for the Interface server could have been thought up to avoid confusion between RQM and RQMI.
Note that the "Installing and Using RQMI" manual is correct and much more informative than the DOORS install guide.

Mark

permanent link
Vinod Varma (2121) | answered Feb 12 '10, 2:25 a.m.
I am attempting integrating DOORS with RQM. I have installed DOORS 9.2.0.2, RQMI server v1.02.0002 and RQM 2.0.

I had installed earlier DOORS 9.2. Export to RQMI was generating XML but import to RQM was failing. After upgrading DOORS to 9.2.0.2, export is creating an exception on starting RQMI server as below:
Feb 12, 2010 8:18:42 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
Feb 12, 2010 8:18:43 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
e;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Failed to start database '../../rqmdrsDB', se
e the next exception for details.
Feb 12, 2010 8:18:43 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
urce)

I have created users RQMISVR with permission for JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins, JazzUsers and JazzProjectAdmins, and with Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager license assigned. I have created user RQMISYNC in DOORS.

Look forward to your help. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vinod

permanent link
Mark Perrella (36) | answered Feb 12 '10, 4:24 a.m.
I am attempting integrating DOORS with RQM. I have installed DOORS 9.2.0.2, RQMI server v1.02.0002 and RQM 2.0.

I had installed earlier DOORS 9.2. Export to RQMI was generating XML but import to RQM was failing. After upgrading DOORS to 9.2.0.2, export is creating an exception on starting RQMI server as below:
Feb 12, 2010 8:18:42 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
e;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Failed to start database '../../rqmdrsDB', se
e the next exception for details.
Feb 12, 2010 8:18:43 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
urce)

I have created users RQMISVR with permission for JazzAdmins, JazzDWAdmins, JazzUsers and JazzProjectAdmins, and with Rational Quality Manager - Quality Manager license assigned. I have created user RQMISYNC in DOORS.

Look forward to your help. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vinod

Vinod,

On your machine running the RQM Interface Server, check if the rqmdrsDB folder has been created. This should be created in the DOORS/9.2/RQMInterface/Server folder automatically. Also, to ask the obvious, have you started RQM before the Interface server?

Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.