It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE 6.0.6 library gives Unable to access license factory

Oana Capatana (23520) | asked Sep 30 '19, 9:08 a.m.

Hello,

We have created a reporting widget for DNG that used RPE library 2.0.1 (java api) and worked fine. Currently, the client wants to upgrade RPE to version 6.0.6.
I have replaced all 2.0.1 RPE libraries with the 6.0.6 ones but the issue is that when trying to generate a report the error we receive is Unable to access license factory. On the same computer where RPE is installed if I open the doc spec with RPE Launcher and run it, it works with no issues.
Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks,
Oana 

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 30 '19, 1:56 p.m.
Are you referring to open social gadget? Can you delete and add the widget again and check?
Make sure that you have set CORS_DOMAINS property (to https:\\clm_server:port) on the server where Document Builder is running.

Comments
Oana Capatana commented Oct 01 '19, 12:37 a.m.

Hello Prasad,

Thanks for your answer but I am not talking about Document Builder. I am talking about the RPE API java library that can be embedded in web applications to create custom reporting web apps:

It has been working fine for RPE 2.0.1 but it's not working anymore for me after 6.0.6. It works to load and configure a doc spec (at least they don;t throw an error) but when starting the generation it just says Starting run... then this message about 4 times:
DEBUG rpeCustomReporting.app.RPEDocGen$ConsoleEcho - License checkout failed. Retrying for 20 more seconds...

I know there are enough available licenses on the server so the message is misleading. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.