It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why to permit the edition of a test case result?

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Aug 23 '19, 4:31 p.m.

Hello guys,

I would like to know what are the reasons to permit the edition of a test case result.
I think this not make sense...If I want another result, I should run the test again or, in specific cases, run the result again, what would generate another result. 
But edit a result it's strange.
Maybe should exists a good reason, but what?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Luiz Cesar.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Aug 26 '19, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Luiz,

There were situations for other other Customers where they needed to edit the existing results without rerunning the whole TCER. Thats the reason its set at the Permission level which is done by either Lead Role or Administrator and not a default setting. So in zist, this was done for the specific need of couple of RQM clients.

Also note, if any script has like more that 30/40 script steps, it doesn;t make sense to got through each step pass/fail scenario again all at once. Hence this Edit permission would help the tester to edit specific Script steps and modify any specific custom Attributes as well.

Hope this helps,
Thanks and Regards,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Luiz Almeida selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Aug 26 '19, 9:58 a.m.

Great Krupa.

Thank you for the explanation. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.