It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the IBM defined any tasks keeps giving an error with the Build no matter what I have tried

David Lambertson (111) | asked Jul 31 '19, 9:24 a.m.

In my any script, I have added the line:

<import file="C:\IBM\TeamConcert603\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml" />

When I run the build definition, the build keeps failing with the error:
C:\IBM\TeamConcert603\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml:24 : taskdef A class needed by class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.ActivityFilePublisherTask cannot be found: org/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor using the classloader AntClassLoader[] ...
It continues with a big stack trace.

I have tried using a newer version of Ant, pointing to the lib items manually, deleting all other tasks I dont need in that file (after I copied it) and running that, and it still would run into the same issue. I am at a loss of what is causing the issue. 

We do not use the default Eclipse from IBM, we use Eclipse 2018-12 with the IBM plugin.

Comments
David Lambertson commented Jul 31 '19, 9:29 a.m.

I forgot to mention we are using RTC 6.0.3 

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 31 '19, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,
Are you using Jazz Build Engine version 603 to run your builds?

David Lambertson commented Jul 31 '19, 9:54 a.m.

I believe that we are using that. All I know is we have RTC version 603 and I was given the files for the build system which I put on the machine where we run our builds. 

David Lambertson commented Jul 31 '19, 10:11 a.m.

I talked to our CLM Team we have, and they confirmed we are using the Build Engine version 603. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 01 '19, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '19, 2:20 a.m.

From https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_ant-tasks.html

The Ant build toolkit contains Ant tasks that communicate build status and results to the Jazz™ Team Server.

To use these Ant tasks in your scripts, from installdir/buildsystem/buildtoolkit/BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml, where  installdir is the location where you installed the Ant build toolkit, copy the various taskdef entries in the BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml file to your project's Ant script. You can also use your Ant script to import the taskdef file.

Note: If you use command line builds that need to call out to the Ant toolkit, add the location of the buildtoolkit directory to the Ant library path when invoking Ant. Typically, you perform this task by invoking Ant with the  -lib  argument. For example:  ant -f build.xml -lib installdir/buildsystem/buildtoolkit .
Note: For information about automating the builds of applications using the Rational® Application Developer for WebSphere® Software build utility (the build utility), see Automate the builds of applications.
Important: The version of the build toolkit is available in a file called  VERSION  under  <installdir>/buildsystem/buildtoolkit .

I always shamelessly steal from the JKE Banking example and there the taskdefs are copied into the ant script (at the end).
I always use brute force search (also local) and found this in a build script:

<import file="${toolKitPath}\\BuildToolkitTaskDefs.xml">
</import>

Note the double backslash (I had to fake this in the post here using 4 backslash). No idea what OS you are using.

The Eclipse client you use is irrelevant, the build runs on a build system in an build engine and not in the client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.