It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can teamFetch retrieve just subdirectory of a component like "scm load"?

Chris Wolf (4335) | asked Oct 15 '14, 4:00 p.m.
retagged Nov 18 '14, 10:09 a.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
I want to create an Ant build script which works with the custom Ant tasks in the buildtoolkit.  I see that "teamFetch" downloads the component code - but is there anyway to specify remote path(s) within the component?  When we were migrated from Subversion, the components were pretty course-grained so typically we specify remote path(s) to cut down on necessary space and network bandwidth.

Can someone confirm that teamFetch only can get the whole component or nothing?  (I see no way to specify remote path(s))

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 18 '14, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to load something other than component roots in a build, you need to use a load rules file. The load rules file specifies which paths in components should be written to disk during a load. They can be used by both builds and developers in their local sandboxes.

The documentation for load rules in builds can be found online. You can reference the load rules file with the loadRulesByPath and loadRulesByUUID . You should specify the load rules file by path if it doesn't move very often. If you change the name or parent directory of the load rule file regularly, then you should specify the UUID of the file (you can find the file UUID by opening the properties in Eclipse).

The easiest way to generate a load rule file is to use 'Load As' in the Eclipse client to build a local sandbox that has the layout you want, then open Preferences > Sandboxes > Generate Load Rules to build the file automagically. You can also take a look at the article describing the format.
Chris Wolf selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.