It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can two jenkins plugin that are extending RtcExtensionProvider can run in same build?

Anbe Pham (406) | asked Jul 04 '19, 1:12 a.m.

I have two plugins that are extending RtcExtensionProvider. Let's call plugin A and plugin B.
If I install only one of them into jenkins server, then it can work properly.
But if I install both of them into jenkins server, only one plugin can run, another plugin is disabled.
It's very werid when plugin A always run, and plugin B is always disabled, althought I changed installing order or plugins' name.

Does anyone face this issue before? Is this known issue or do I miss any configuration?
I'm using jenkins server version 2.176.1 and Team Concert plugin version 1.2.0.5

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Jul 08 '19, 7:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
TeamConcert plugin invokes only one instance of RTCExtensionProvider even when there are multiple plugins that extend RTCExtensionProvider. It gets the list of all RTCExtensionProvider plugins and invokes the very first plugin which returns true for "com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.extensions.RtcExtensionProvider.isApplicable(Run<?, ?>)".

Anbe Pham selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anbe Pham commented Jul 09 '19, 6:36 a.m.

Do you know which criterias are used to sort all RTCExtensionProvider plugins, since my both plugin are applicable but plugin A is always invoked although I changed their names, ids and install order.

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 09 '19, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The extensions are returned by jenkins.model.Jenkins.getInstance().getExtensionList() API. Would be better to post the query regarding the order of the returned extensions in the Jenkins forum.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.