It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new attribute doesn't appear in work item editor

Marcel Kinard (71107) | asked Nov 03 '09, 9:54 p.m.
I'm trying to add a new attribute to a Story work item. From what I read in the documentation, I think I have done everything, but the attribute does not appear when I view/edit a story. Please point out any missed steps, or provide advice on how to troubleshoot this. Here is what I did:

- added a new Enumeration called "storyType" with 3 literals, no default, no unassigned
- in "Types and Attributes", selected the "Story" Type Category, and added a Custom Attribute named "Story Type" of Type "storyType".
- in "Editor Presentation Bindings" verified that a Story work item editor is named "com.ibm.team.apt.editor.story"
- in "Editor Presentations" choose "com.ibm.team.apt.editor.story", and in Overview -> Details added a new Attribute-based Presentation of Attribute "Story Type" and Kind "Enumeration" before "Filed Against"
- saved the Project Area document
- open up an existing Story or create a new Story. The attribute is not appearing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

4 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 04 '09, 6:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Existing stories do no yet have your new attribute (only new stories will get it).
See http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21372230 for how to update existing stories.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Marcel Kinard (71107) | answered Nov 04 '09, 7:17 a.m.
Following the instructions in the technote fixed the issue. Before I did that, it wouldn't appear for new items either. But it works now. Thanks much!

BTW, nice first name :-)

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Nov 13 '09, 6:20 p.m.

See http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21372230 for how to update existing stories.

I need help performing this procedure since I don't get the "Synchronize Attributes" menu item.

My client shows the following version in the about-box:
Version: 2.0.0.1
Build id: I20090914-1300

The server file \JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\jazz\WEB-INF\buit-on.txt contains:
built: 2009-14-09 14:53:23 EDT; build: I20090914-1300

Any ideas?
/Morten

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Nov 15 '09, 5:44 a.m.
Found out that it matter exactly where in the work item list you right click.
The menu when right clicking on the work item type icon contains the synchronize attributes item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.