It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the syntax for adding test cases to a Test plan using the excel import utility?

jim Stevens (1213) | asked Jun 28 '19, 10:36 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '19, 7:39 a.m. by Fariz Saracevic (919613)

Hi

I am using this command in the config file 

//Create link to Test Plan
testcase.testplan=LinkByExistingID(N)

when I run the excel addin I get this error

Error when getting testplan with the id "372"

What is the correct identifier for the testplan?
thanks
Jim

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jun 30 '19, 10:55 p.m.
Hi Jim

LinkByExistingID keyword only applies to requirements not test case.
You can refer to LinkExisting() keyword in

LinkExisting() modifier -  indicates a reference to the master test artifacts, content is the external/internal id or the excel cell/column that stores the external/internal id of the master artifact on RQM server.
i.e.
testplan links with testcase, then test  plan is master artifact and testcase is sub/child artifact.
test case link with test script, then test case is master test artifact, and test script is child artifact.
test suite link with test case, then test suite is master test artifact, and test case is child artifact.

the LinkExisting modifier only deals with the support for linking master artifact and the artifact must exist on the RQM server side first.
the syntax will be
testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("testplanid"), testplanid1 is the external/internal id of the test plan on RQM server.
testscript.testcase=LinkExisting(E1)
testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(F)

If the existing test case external/internal id(if test cases were created by ExcelImporter, it would have external id,
if you created test case from Web client, then internal id applies here: urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:xx(xx is the test case id you see on web client)
You can have a column with the id listed there and use testcase.testplan=LinkExisting(D) (D is the column with test case id)

I hope this helps.

Comments
jim Stevens commented Jul 01 '19, 10:12 a.m.

Hi

Yes I tried that as well and keep getting 

Error when getting testplan with the id 373 

the config file is creating scripts, cases and then trying to put them into an existing testplan.

Also I am trying to populate the team area and I am not having any success with the 
testcase.teamarea=k

Thanks 
Jim

Don Yang commented Jul 02 '19, 2:10 a.m.
please provide the exact configure file you link test case to the test plan, such as testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("testplanid"), what is testplanid like in your case?
is your test plan created via GUI or using exportImporter? if it is from UI creation, do you use the format like "urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:xx" or not?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.