It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] What is Java API to load specific component(s) from stream to sandbox/workspace?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Jun 25 '19, 1:55 a.m.
closed Jun 26 '19, 9:30 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi guys,

I want to load specific components which are "out of sync" from stream to sandbox, Could you please help me for the solution?

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 25 '19, 6:56 a.m. | edited Jun 25 '19, 6:58 a.m.

I need to reload stream component in sandbox and workspace

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 25 '19, 9:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Normally one only loads repository workspaces into a sandbox, not streams (I believe the GUI only allows you to load repository workspaces into a sandbox).   To confirm, you are trying to reload a repository workspace into a sandbox, not a stream, is that correct?   

Also note that reloading an out-of-sync repository workspace can be very slow ... you normally will want to issue to "accept" command that updates the repository workspace from the client that is managing the sandbox, so that this triggers the (fast) incremental loading of the sandbox, rather than reloading an out-of-sync repository workspace.

Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 26 '19, 1:08 a.m.

Hi @Geoffrey Clemm thanks for your suggestions, you right I want to load my sandbox from my local workspace using Java API because some of the components are out of sync. Is there any API to load stream component into workspace and then workspace to sandbox?  

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 26 '19, 9:14 a.m.

That question was answered by the development team in your other question: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/263692 .   Let's continue this part of the discussion in that question.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 26 '19, 9:20 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '19, 9:23 a.m.

Can you/do you want to close this question as duplicate Geoff? 

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Duplicate Question" by gmclemm Jun 26 '19, 9:30 a.m.