It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find out the change set belongs to which baseline using plain java api?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Jun 12 '19, 6:15 a.m.

Hi all,

How to know change set belongs to which baseline, or how to check baseline has any change set associated with it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 12 '19, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The serverside API is: IScmQueryService.findLocateChangeSets(...)
The clientside API is: IWorkspaceManager.locateChangeSets(...)
The passed in param of 'ILocateChangeSetsSearchCriteria' lets you provide the change sets and baselines.
Andrew Ciaz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 13 '19, 4:24 a.m.

Andrew Ciaz commented Jun 18 '19, 8:42 a.m.

Hi  @David Lafreniere  ILocateChangeSetSearchResult.getBaselines() returns all the baselines i .e if my Baseline1 contains changeset change1  and baseline2 is empty i.e no changeset and both baselines are associated with same component then my serach result shows that change1 is present in Base1 and Base2 also. Is this defect in API or I am wrong

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 18 '19, 9:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What led you to conclude that baseline2 is empty?   In particular, if you said "show history" on baseline2, is the result an empty list?

I expect that you are looking at the Pending Changes view, which doesn't tell you what change sets are in the baseline, but rather tells you what change sets are in the baseline that are not in the previous baseline in the baseline history. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.