It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merge is incomplete with change sets associated with multiple workitems

vinay kumar bondugula (7312564) | asked Jun 24 '19, 3:18 a.m.

Hi,

We have enabled the pre-condition in project area to associate a workitem to change set before delivering. Our SCM when trying to merge two streams facing issue "not able to deliver XXXX component, because you haven’t associated any work item with". But when look into the history of the component the change sets specified by RTC are associated with workitems. Also the issue is observed only on change sets which are associated with two or more than two workitems, in which one workitem belongs to another project area. The user performing the merge belongs to both project areas with respective permissions. 

Please let us know in case you might have already come across this behavior and how to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Vinay

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 24 '19, 6:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would consider opening a case with support. I can not see why this should be related to multiple work items on the change set. 

The only thing that I can think of is the following (and is the other way around):

* The deliver operation is run in the context of a project area - the project area that owns the stream. 
* The pre-condition works in this context and requires a work item associated that is owned by this project area; the pro condition does not recognize work items linked to the change set that are in other project areas.

So you will have to add another work item from the project area in which the deliver operation works, to satisfy the pre-condition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.