It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project area plans not visible in team artifacts view

Holly Cummins (16132) | asked Nov 03 '09, 9:45 a.m.
Hi,

I've got a strange problem. When I create a project area plan, it never shows in the team artifacts view. About half our team can see the plans and the other half can't, and there's no obvious difference between the users. We can all see team area plans fine. The only way to find the project area plans is to navigate from the Links tab of the project area editor. If I

I'm also hitting another issue, which may or may not be related. My work items will only show in one of the project area plan or the team area plan. If I assign them to a team area, they appear in the team area plan but disappear from the project area plan. If I don't assign them to any team area, they don't show in the team area plan (as I'd expect) and do show in the project area plan. The team area is a child of the project area. What's really baffling me is that I'm quite sure I'd had work items showing in both plans a few hours earlier, and I'm not sure what I could have changed.

Can anyone suggest some things to try? I've googled and have been struggling with this for a while without getting anywhere.

Thanks,
Holly

5 answers

permanent link
Holly Cummins (16132) | answered Nov 03 '09, 11:57 a.m.
I've just discovered that defect 90741 has been raised to cover this issue. Unfortunately since it only appears in some cases there hasn't been a resolution yet.

permanent link
Jeffrey Neau (11112313) | answered Nov 11 '09, 2:16 p.m.
I'm having the issue also.

In the meantime, is there a way to open a plan when you can't see it in the Team Artifacts view?

permanent link
Holly Cummins (16132) | answered Nov 12 '09, 8:23 a.m.

In the meantime, is there a way to open a plan when you can't see it in the Team Artifacts view?

I found navigating from the Links tab of the project area editor works, as does navigating from the web.

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102299) | answered Jun 23 '10, 7:19 a.m.
Hi.

we are using Team Concert 2.02 and have the same thing: The plan is not visibile in the team artefacts tree view, only from the "poject area / lnks / artefact editor. So its hard to access the plan.
IDon't know whether its related, but I added an additional timeline to the project area. Before that all plans had been listed un der all plans, after that some are listed. some are not.

Your post is from November, is their progress to resolve it.?

Roland

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Jun 24 '10, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Roland has reported a easy work around to IBM Support and would share it with the community:

The filter conditions in the team Artifacts view had been set to "all
project and team areas" - so all the plans should have been visible. As
well the logged on user is a member of all teams and projects (so he should see all plans,
even if the filter is set to "My projects and Team areas".

Simply changing the filter from "all projects...." to "my projects...." and
back to " all projects...." brought up all plans again.

Thanks Roland!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.