It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

fetchCompleteItem seems not to, help, solved

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Jan 30 '13, 11:18 a.m.
edited Jan 30 '13, 12:32 p.m.
the ContributorDetails object extends IExtensibleItem

public abstract interface com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributorDetails extends com.ibm.team.repository.common.IExtensibleItem, com.ibm.team.repository.common.IAuditable, com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributorDetailsHandle {

and the 4.0.1 javadoc for IExtensibleItem says

Design notes: Fetching a complete (extensible) item will fetch all it's state extensions.

and
Here are some important design considerations to think about when deciding whether to allow state extensions on an item type:
  • When a complete item is retrieved, the keys and values of all its extensions are automatically included, even if the party doing the retrieving is uninterested/unaware of these extensions

but.. I don't see that to be true.

on the server side I see

IContributorDetails details= (IContributorDetails) fItemService.fetchItem(detailsHandle, CONTRIBUTOR_DETAILS_FULLPROFILE);
            String configVal= details.getLargeStringExtension(CONFIG_KEY);

and configVal is non-null;

on the client side

IContributorDetailsHandle detailsHandle= contributor.getDetails();
IContributorDetails details= (IContributorDetails) repo.itemManager.fetchCompleteItem(detailsHandle, iim.DEFAULT, null);        
String configVal= details.getLargeStringExtension(CONFIG_KEY);

returns null, and the only key in details.getExtensionKeys() is

'com.ibm.team.dashboard.default'

so, what did I miss??

we need this utility for this weekend..  help

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 30 '13, 12:32 p.m.
never mind.. the RTC code doesn't populate the mail config data until it is actually SAVED by a user..
never a dull moment

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.