It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Description Field behaviour in RTC

vinitha dsouza (14719123) | asked May 31 '19, 2:00 a.m.
Dear Team,

RTC Version: 6.0.6

In the Description field of RTC, we are given workitem number
When we mention "Story 1233" automatically it will turn to link and Mouse over is possible.

Do we have any restriction to above said behaviour?

what i noticed is , i can only get above said behaviour in Description field if Workitem type is present in the context of Project Area.
meaning: in case project area has workitem type "Defect" and "Story" and we type "Defect 12222" then behaviour works, incase if we have other project area which has workitem type " Problem" and we i want to type "Problem 12233" this will not work.

Thanks,

Comments
Ratheesh Madathil commented Jun 03 '19, 6:59 a.m.

hi, Use the additional work item types you have as aliases in the project area configuration. (e.g. "Problem", "Change Request"). Then the link functionality should work. ;)

vinitha dsouza commented Jun 04 '19, 3:49 a.m.

Thanks. Got it :)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered May 31 '19, 1:30 p.m.

This is likely desired behavior, as it would be difficult to iterate through many project areas to come up with the sum list of all possible work item types. As a consolation, you can use the the words "work item" in place of a work item type. For example, "work item 123". 

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.