It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension workshop bat file is not running.

Preetha T (27225) | asked May 24 '19, 4:44 a.m.
edited May 24 '19, 9:23 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Dear Team,

I am trying to develop an extension.I'm using the workshop for version 6.x. I'm currently using the version 6.0.5.
When i run the bat file i am getting the following error.

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>set JAVA_HOME=F:\RTC605Dev\installs\TeamConc
ert\jdk

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>set PLAIN_JAVA=F:\RTC605Dev\installs\PlainJa
vaAPI

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>set REPOSITORY="https://localhost:9443/ccm"

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>set USERID="myadmin"

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>set PASSWORD="myadmin"

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>F:\RTC605Dev\installs\TeamConcert\jdk\jre\bi
n\java -jar -Djava.ext.dirs=F:\RTC605Dev\installs\PlainJavaAPI;F:\RTC605Dev\inst
alls\TeamConcert\jdk/jre/lib/ext WorkshopSetup.jar "https://localhost:9443/ccm"
"myadmin" "myadmin"
Starting Team Platform
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.team.repository.commo
n.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Team Platform started
Trying to log into repository: https://localhost:9443/ccm
Login succeeded.
Trying to find or deploy template: scrum2.process.ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: An error response was
 received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ1848E To perform
 the "com.ibm.team.process.server.saveProcessTemplate" operation, the
user (userid="myadmin") must have one of the following licenses that a
re installed on the server: Rational Team Concert.Developer. The server administ
rator can assign licenses.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.MarshallerUtil.d
ecodeExceptions(MarshallerUtil.java:377)
ecodeExceptions(MarshallerUtil.java:347)
ecodeFault(MarshallerUtil.java:312)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.constructE
xceptionFromFault(RemoteTeamService.java:717)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMet
hod(RemoteTeamService.java:560)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(Rem
oteTeamService.java:202)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.inv
oke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.deployPredefinedProcessDefinitions(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:95)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:56)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeS
erviceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:254)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(
ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:110)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.deployPredefinedProcessDefinitions(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService$30.run(Proc
essClientService.java:1264)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepo
sitory.java:1355)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(Cancel
ableCaller.java:79)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelable
Service(TeamRepository.java:1350)
        at com.ibm.team.process.internal.client.ProcessClientService.deployPrede
finedProcessDefinitions(ProcessClientService.java:1262)
        at com.ibm.js.rtcext.serversetup.ServerSetup.findOrDeployTemplate(Server
Setup.java:633)
        at com.ibm.js.rtcext.serversetup.ServerSetup.run(ServerSetup.java:135)
        at com.ibm.js.rtcext.serversetup.ServerSetup.main(ServerSetup.java:99)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: An error r
esponse was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ1848E
 To perform the "com.ibm.team.process.server.saveProcessTemplate" oper
ation, the user (userid="myadmin") must have one of the following lice
nses that are installed on the server: Rational Team Concert.Developer. The serv
er administrator can assign licenses.
        ... 23 more

F:\RTC605Dev\installs\WorkshopSetup>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I am aware of this question has been already raised in forum. you mentioned the user used in workshop does not have permission. I'm also using the default username and password myadmin as user id & password as myadmin. Could you please tell me how to give all the permissions. The project area also not created.

Kindly assist us.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 24 '19, 6:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 24 '19, 6:36 a.m.

The administrator user has no license or the wrong one. 

Preetha T selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Preetha T commented May 24 '19, 7:33 a.m.

Thank you Ralph.

It's worked for me. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.