It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Follow-Up Action aborts save action in case of exceptions

Marko Tomljenovic (31650109) | asked Sep 28 '17, 9:04 a.m.

Hello,

we have developed a follow-up action and have configured it to run for a "work item save".
Due to a bug in the action that lead to an exception the overall save operation was aborted (the transaction rolled back).
I was expecting that the follow-up action is totally independent of the operation that it follows-up.

We are now using RTC 6.0.4. Has this behaviour been added recently or was it always like this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stefano Antoniazzi (1701711) | answered Sep 28 '17, 9:13 a.m.

For what I've seen in 2.x and 4.x it has always been like that: an error in follow-up work item save extension invalidates the save itself.

Marko Tomljenovic selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Sep 28 '17, 9:21 a.m.

Thanks for the fast answer.

It is not what I would expect when reading "Follow up" but ok, no one seems to complain about it :)

Bye

Stefano Antoniazzi commented Oct 04 '17, 5:04 a.m. | edited Oct 04 '17, 5:05 a.m.

From the jazz wiki:

If an participant throws an exception or reports a serious problem, subsequent participants will not be run. On the server, this will cause the entire operation transaction to be rolled back.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.